Like elves toiling behind the scenes, the BAC is laying the groundwork for 2017 by meeting merrily this midweek.
Legislative Affairs Committee meeting
Wed., Dec. 21 at 6 p.m.
Teaism, 400 8th St NW
1. Motor Vehicle Collision Recovery Act of 2015 Update
Now official law L21-0167, Effective from Nov 26, 2016
2. B21-0759 - Bicycle Awareness Motor Vehicle License Plate Amendment Act of 2016 Update
Signed by Mayor this month and awaiting Congressional approval
3. B21-0923 - Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Technical Amendment Act of 2016 Update
Dec. 12 hearing cancelled. To be reintroduced in the next session beginning Jan. 3.
4. D.C. Council committee structure and chairs
5. Approval of testimony for Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Technical Amendment Act
6. Discussion of legislation ideas
Facilities Committee meeting
Thurs., Dec. 22 at 6 p.m.
Pizzeria Paradiso, 2003 P St NW
1. Snow and leaf removal from cycletracks, bike lanes, and trails
2. DDOT priority projects for 2017
3. Eastern downtown bike lane update
BAC meetings are open to the public.